Editing is still more fun than drafting. What do you know? Whee, edits!
Well, obviously, there’s going to be the point where I go blind. Hopefully that won’t happen for awhile, since I didn’t look at it for three months.
- The character arc on the two main characters is muddled. They’re the ones I planned the most. The improvised trio of minor characters, on the other hand, are very clear. Maybe I’m just not a planner.
- I fixed the horrible awkward POV switch mid-Chapter One. I remember just staring at it in horror and then moving on during NaNoWriMo.
- Chapters! It has those now, instead of being a big wad of text.
- The plot is kind of lumpy and misshapen. I tried to plan that, too, and ran out of outline. I suck at outlining. I think I can make it “wacky and fast-paced” instead of lumpy and misshapen, though.
- This thing has some funny parts. I laughed out loud at the voicemails from one of the lead characters’ mothers.
I’m going to try and build up a ginormous lead this weekend, since work is crazy. But I don’t think I’m going to have any trouble editing for 50 hours in a month.