Well, as far as words written, it’s probably not that impressive, but last night I made a lot of progress on the time dilation story. Math, physics, and characterization progress:

  • I decided the ship was going too fast.
  • I picked a destination, which gave me specific numbers to use instead of hand-waving.
  • I decided that I was profoundly dissatisfied with one of the characters (the antagonist) and that said character had no redeeming virtues whatsoever, and was therefore cardboard and making my story suck.

I plugged in the specifics, and plan to spend some time making the antagonist likeable. The fun part was how casually the specifics sort of fell into the story. Heh.